5 displaced after fire inside Watertown apartment building; family cat rescued

WATERTOWN, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A cat was rescued from a fire that broke out in a kitchen in Watertown Monday, Dec. 14. 

The Watertown Fire Department was called to the apartment building on Boughton Street around 2:30 p.m. 

Crews were able to put out the fire shortly after they arrived. 

A rescue crew was able to make their way inside and located the family cat. A civilian and the cat received treatment for smoke inhalation at the scene. 

All other personnel made it out of the building safely. However, a family of five was displaced. The Red Cross will be assisting them. 

Officials say the fire was caused by cooking on the stove, causing approximately $20,000 in damage. 

There was no damage to any other units in the building. 


Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?