3 people rescued from duplex fire on Ohio Street in Racine

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Three people were rescued from a duplex fire on Ohio Street near Goodland School in Racine around 1 a.m. Sunday, Aug. 16. 

The Racine Fire Department were dispatched to the house fire a little after 1 a.m. Sunday morning. Upon arrival, heavy fire was reported in the basement with a number of residents inside. 

Officials say ultimately three victims were rescued and removed from the second floor of the home.

One victim was found unresponsive and transported to a local hospital with second degree burns and smoke inhalation. Hospital personnel said the victim's carbon monoxide reading was extremely high. 

The fire was caused by careless use of smoking materials, according to a news release. 

Officials say the estimated loss is $30,000.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?