CBS 58 and other television stations in Milwaukee have moved to new broadcast frequencies. If you use an antenna to watch any of our stations [WDJT, CBS 58 (58.1); WBME, MeTV (58.2); WMLW (58.3 and 49.1); WYTU, Telemundo Wisconsin (58.4); Start TV (58.5); Bounce (49.2); H&I (49.3) or Decades (49.4)], and do not see a picture, or if you see the message “No Signal,” you must rescan your TV. If you subscribe to a pay TV service – such as cable or satellite – you do not need to do anything.
RESCAN INFO TODAY
Rescanning is a simple process. All you need is your TV remote and these general steps to guide you through the process.
- Using your television's remote control, press the Menu or Settings option.
Note: a "Smart TV" may have a smart button that must be used to access the settings menu. It will generally have the manufacturer's logo on it.
- Locate Channels or Tuner Set Up option.
- Check the menu for an option of Antenna Type or Connection Type followed by either Antenna or Cable.
- Make sure that the designated setting is Antenna
- From the menu, choose Digital Channel Search (based on manufacturer, alternate choices may include Channel Scan, Channel Search, Auto Scan or Auto program.)
- Allow the TV to complete the search. During the search, you will see a bar listing how many channels have been found.
- Once complete, confirm the menu prompt, then press an exit or quit option.
NOTE: All TV manufacturers differ, so menu options, wording and other items may vary. The best way to complete the channel scan is to refer to the TV owner's manual.
Will stations have new channel numbers?
No. After the rescan, all Weigel stations will be seen on the same channels as prior to the change
Over the Air Channel Position Guide
WDJT, CBS 58
CH 41.1 and 58.2
CH 49.1 and 58.3
WYTU, Telemundo WI
CH 63.1 and 58.4
CH 63.2 and 58.5
Need help rescanning?
You have many options available for help.
1.) Watch the video on our website that will give you an overview of the process.
2.)Consult the owner's manual for your television for more detailed instructions on how to run a channel scan, or contact customer service for your TV or converter box manufacturer. The www.tvanswers.org/rescan.asp website has a list of rescan procedures specific to different television manufactures.
3.) Visit www.FCC.gov/TVrescan for more rescan instructions.
4.) Call the FCC Consumer hotline at 1-888-225-5322 or our local help desk at 414-203-6440