Wisconsin BBB: 5 resolutions for a fraud-free 2021
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – The Wisconsin Better Business Bureau is looking to help people be fraud-free in the new year.
BBB leaders say a few practical steps can help protect you and your loved ones in 2021.
1. Be cautious with email
- Be on guard if you receive unsolicited emails from a person or company because scammers work to make emails look like they are from legitimate businesses
2. Never send money to strangers
- The BBB says if you’ve never met a person face-to-face, don’t send them money
3. Do research before making online payments and purchases
4. Use best judgment when sharing personal information
- Be extra cautious with who and where you share personal information such as banking and credit card information, birthdate, address and phone number
5. Social media smart
- Use privacy settings on social media and only connect with people you know
More information can be found on the Wisconsin BBB website.