Two teens dead, one hurt in shooting near 87th and Congress

NOW: Two teens dead, one hurt in shooting near 87th and Congress

Updated: 11:40 a..m. on June 11, 2018

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- A triple shooting on Milwaukee's northwest side leaves two teenagers dead and another injured. 

Investigators spent hours Monday morning inside an apartment complex at 87th and Congress collecting evidence and taking photos. 

A witness says the shootings happened in the parking lot behind the apartment complex. Officials say 16-year-old Dejah Adkins and 19-year-old Frank Cardona had serious gunshot wounds and died at the scene. A 17-year-old was found four blocks away with a non-life threatening gunshot wound and was taken to a local hospital. 

A witness says a lot of shots were fired and another witness says there was a trail of blood for blocks in the aftermath. 

"I was sitting in the house and it went on for about five minutes, the shooting. I heard a lot of screaming. I didn't really hear a lot of arguing. I heard a lot of screaming and that was that. At least about 10 to 20 shots in a five minute period," said Marcus Hardwick who witnessed the shooting. 

"We saw it last night. You know, police were putting cones around it so I decided to come out this morning and see how far it actually went if it did actually come all the way over here again. I mean the guy ran like four, five, six, seven, eight blocks," said Thomas Staats. 

Police haven't said what led up to the shooting. 

Stay with CBS 58 on air and online for updates in this developing story. 


Updated: 9:06 a.m. on June 11, 2018

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – Milwaukee Police are identifying the victims as Dejah J. Adkins and Frank L. Cardona.

MPD continues to search for a suspect. 


Posted: 5:11 a.m. on June 11, 2018

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – Two teenagers are dead and another hurt after a shooting in Milwaukee Sunday night.

According to police, it happened near W. Congress St. and N. 87th St. around 9:35 p.m.

Authorities say a 16-year-old female and a 19-year-old man died from serious injuries after being shot. Police located a third victim, a 17-year-old man, four blocks away from the scene. The 17-year-old was not seriously injured but taken to a hospital for treatment.

The incident remains under investigation.

Share this article: