Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Toaster fire causes over $100,000 worth of damages to Washington County home

WASHINGTON COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A home suffered over $100,000 in damages after a Thursday morning fire and a toaster may be to blame.

The Sheriff's Office received a report of heavy smoke coming from a home on Broadview Lane in the Town of Wayne. The caller/homeowner reported that the toaster was on fire and that they put it out with a fire extinguisher but there may still be fire in the wall.

Crews responded and located smoke and flames in the kitchen, coming from a corner where the appliances were located.

The fire was extinguished.

There were no injuries reported.

The damage estimate is in excess of $100,000.

The investigation into the fire remains ongoing.

Share this article: