Things to Know Before Heading to Summerfest
CBS 58—Summerfest gets underway Wednesday, and the lines at the door might be longer than previous years due to security measures.
Everyone will go through metal detectors and all bags will be searched. Backpacks and bags larger than 9X10X12 are not allowed inside. If you don’t bring a bag, there will be a separate line so you can get inside quicker.
Organizers ask everyone to be patient and arrive a few minutes early.
“Plan your time to enjoy your time,” said Don Smiley, the CEO of Summerfest. “So if you come at 8:30 or 9:00 on a Friday night, there's probably gonna be a little wait to get in. so I would just plan accordingly."
There are a number of things not allowed inside Summerfest including:
- Camelback style hydration packs
- Picnic Baskets
- Outside food and beverages
- Cans or glass bottles
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Weapons or objects that could be used as weapons
- Professional grade cameras or video equipment
- Recording devices
- Pets (except service animals)
- “Selfie sticks”
- Banners or flags on poles
- Laser pointers
- Lawn chairs
- Skateboards or skates
- Other carry-ins as determined by management
For more information click here.