Summer is here, and many people will be taking to the water to enjoy the fun of swimming in the beautiful warm weather. Swimming is a fantastic recreational activity and a great way to get the kids out of the house and keep them active during their time away from school.
Despite how fun and carefree swimming may seem, it’s also very important to be mindful of the safety of swimmers and eliminate any and all risks associated with the water. We’ve compiled a list of safety tips to help keep you and your loved ones safe this summer as you hit the lakes, ponds and pools in the coming months.
- Ensure everyone knows or learns to swim
- Have inexperienced swimmers use flotation devices
- Swim in areas monitored by lifeguards
- Maintain constant supervision of your children or other loved ones, avoid any distractions and don’t leave anyone unattended or unaccounted
- Stay hydrated and always avoid alcohol
- Regularly apply at least SPF 15 sunscreen to protect your skin from burns
We hope that these tips will help to keep you and your loved ones safe this summer in all of your swimming activities. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries at a pool due to negligence of the management, please contact the attorneys at Hupy and Abraham to discuss further options. We can be reached at 800-800-5678 or online 24/7 at hupy.com.
For more information visit www.hupy.com