Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Sheboygan Fire Department issues reminder to never leave candles unattended following house fire

PHOTO CREDIT: SHEBOYGAN FIRE DEPARTMENT

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A house fire in Sheboygan caused $10,000 in damages on Friday evening.

PHOTO CREDIT: SHEBOYGAN FIRE DEPARTMENT

The Sheboygan Fire Department responded to a home in the 2600 block of Elm Avenue after a passerby called 911 to report smoke coming from the roof of the house.

The Fire Department extinguished a fire in the bedroom.
PHOTO CREDIT: SHEBOYGAN FIRE DEPARTMENT

No one was home at the time of the fire, but firefighters rescued one cat.
 

 One person was displaced.

 

PHOTO CREDIT: SHEBOYGAN FIRE DEPARTMENT

The Sheboygan Fire Department would like to remind everyone to make sure they never leave candles unattended, or burn them near anything that may catch fire.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?