The Valley Bridge was initially constructed in 1967 and the concrete deck was replaced between 1988 and 1989. The decks were widened as part of the Marquette Interchange Project completed in 2008. The southern portion of the bridge was overlaid in 2013. This project will overlay the northern section at the junction of the Marquette Interchange fly over ramps to complete the planned maintenance of the structure.
The following ramps are now closed long-term:
- 6th Street/Mineral Street entrance ramp to I-43 North full closure until late August
- 9th Street/Walker Street entrance ramp to I-43 North full closure until late August
- I-43 North exit ramp to I-794 East full closure until early May
- I-43 North exit ramp to Plankinton Avenue full closure until early May
- I-43 North lane closure until late July
- I-94 East to I-43 South full closure until late July
- I-794 West to I-43 South full closure until late June
- 11th Street and Wisconsin Avenue entrance ramp to I-43 South full closure until late May
During these closures there will be several detours that will be available to drivers, the Hoan Bridge being one of them. As with most changes be sure to plan on extra time if you use these routes for either of your commutes. Be sure to follow @ABrovelli and watch the CBS 58 Morning News for the latest on the Marquette/ Valley Bridge Project and other construction projects throughout southeastern WI.