Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Racine Fire Department: 14-year-old boy injured after cooking oil starts fire

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A 14-year-old boy was injured during a kitchen fire on Wednesday afternoon. 

According to the Racine Fire Department, a fire started in the kitchen of a home in the 2900 block of 16th Street. The cause of the fire was unattended cooking oil on the kitchen stove top which overheated and caught fire.

A 14-year-old boy who was home at the time attempted to move the burning oil and he sustained minor burn injuries before extinguishing the fire.

No other injuries were reported.

The home sustained roughly $1,000 in damages.

Share this article: