ProHealth Care opens full-service community hospital in Mukwonago
MUKWONAGO, Wis. (CBS 58) -- ProHealth Care opened Mukwonago's first hospital Monday morning, Jan. 24.
A ribbon-cutting ceremony was held with Waukesha County Executive Paul Farrow; Jon Woolever, MD, family medicine physician; Susan Edwards, chief executive officer of ProHealth Care; Mukwonago Village President Fred Winchowsky; and Suzanne Kelley, president and chief executive officer of the Waukesha County Business Alliance.
ProHealth Waukesha Memorial Hospital-Mukwonago is a full-service community hospital, according to a news release, offering the following:
- 24 inpatient rooms, all private
- 24/7 emergency care
- Surgery and procedure center with four operating rooms
- Cancer center offering infusion and radiation therapy
- Primary, specialty and urgent care clinics
- Advanced diagnostic imaging
- Laboratory services
- Rehabilitation services
- Rooms for overnight sleep studies
- Healthy meal options for patients and the public
- Meeting rooms for educational programs, screenings and events
A retail pharmacy is slated to pen on the campus later this year.
The hospital is located along Highway 83 off Interstate 43.
ProHealth says the Mukwonago hospital will add about 100 new jobs in the community.