Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Overloaded dryer causes fire at homeless shelter in Racine

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine Fire Department was dispatched to HALO, located at 2000 DeKoven Avenue, for a report of a dryer fire.

Fire crews say that the dryer was overloaded with clothes and had a clogged exhaust vent, causing significant smoke.

There were no injuries reported.

Arrangements were made by the HALO staff for accommodations for residents.

There was an estimated $5,700 done in damages to the shelter.

The building was turned back over to HALO staff.

Stay with CBS 58 News for more information on this developing story.

Share this article:
Save with