Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

One person injured after incense sparks house fire in Racine

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- One person was injured after a house fire in Racine on Wednesday morning.

The City of Racine Fire Department was called to the 3200 block of 17th Street around 10:05 a.m. for a report of a house fire.

The occupant of the house called 911 after attempting to extinguish the fire themselves which had spread to nearby bedding.

Fire crews were able to quickly contain the fire to the second floor bedroom where the occupant admitted to dropping a burning incense stick. 

One person was treated and released on scene for a minor burn injury.

The fire displaced two families totaling 7 occupants and 1 dog. 

The Red Cross was requested to assist those whom did not have a place to stay for the night.

Share this article:
Save with
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?