One dead, one injured in Oak Creek domestic disturbance, suspect in custody

NOW: One dead, one injured in Oak Creek domestic disturbance, suspect in custody

Updated: 12:15 p.m. December 19, 2017

UPDATE: OAK CREEK, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A 48-year-old woman is dead and another 24-year-old man is in the hospital after a violent domestic dispute Tuesday morning in Oak Creek. 

Police say they got a call around 4:00 a.m. from the suspect in the case that two people in the apartment were hurt. Police say the woman is the mother of the suspect and the 24-year-old is the suspect's brother. 

Investigators say the victims' injuries were caused by a handgun, knife, and blunt weapon. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner is investigating. 

Police say the suspect is in custody and will be taken to the Milwaukee County Jail. Oak Creek Police are seeking homicide charges against the suspect. 

A neighbor at the Timber Ridge Apartment Complex says the people who live there typically keep to themselves and he never expected anything like this to happen there. 

"I looked out my window, it faces this way. I saw the line and I thought it was construction. Then I saw the police and everything, I realized something very different," said neighbor Rick Edwards.  

The incident is still under investigation. 


Posted: 8:00 a.m. December 19, 2017

OAK CREEK, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Oak Creek Police responded to a domestic disturbance call at the Timber Ridge Apartment Complex Tuesday morning December 19.

According to dispatch, the call came in around 4:00 a.m. and the caller stated two people were injured in the residence. 

When police arrived on scene, they found one woman dead and another man that had been assaulted. The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner was called to the scene for investigation. Police also taped off the first floor of the apartment complex for further investigation and neighbors, including Diane Santibanez, were not allowed in there apartments at that time. 

"I asked if I could check my home and they told me I can't," Santibanez said. "They’ll let me know when but they don’t know when right now."

The original 911 caller was taken into custody as a suspect in the case. Police are confident there is no danger to the public and their investigation is ongoing. 

Follow CBS 58 on-air and online for updates on this developing story. 

Share this article: