New security policy in effect for Summerfest 2018
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – A new security policy will be enforced at Summerfest this year.
Several new rules will impact how attendees will enter Summerfest and what they’re allowed to carry in.
The new rules include:
- All visitors and employees will enter the festival through metal detection and should be prepared to comply with other security screening requirements.
- All bags will be searched upon entering.
- No backpacks of any size are allowed inside Henry Maier Festival Park.
- No large bags over 9x10x12 inches are allowed.
- Cinch bags or small purse/clutch, maximum size 9”x10”x12” will be allowed.
- If a guest brings ANY type of backpack or bag larger than 9”x10”x12”, they will be instructed to empty the contents into a clear bag provided by Summerfest. The prohibited bag may be donated or the guest can return it to their home or vehicle.
- There is no storage on site for prohibited items.
- Special consideration may be taken for parents with infants and those with medical needs.
Fans are asked to arrive early to minimize wait times entering the Summerfest grounds.