Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Neighbor Alerts Couple to Fire in Racine Home

A neighbor spotted smoke coming from the roof of the house next door and alerted the couple inside, allowing them to get out of their burning home at Blaine and Poe Avenues in Racine, Sunday night.   The Racine Fire Department was called around 8 PM and quickly extinguished the fire.    According to RFD officials, the fire apparently began in a faulty light fixture in the kitchen and then spread into the attic of the home.  Because of the quick response, the fire was limited to that area and damage is estimated at $18,000.  Crews were on scene for only an hour and there were no injuries.   Officials say the couple and their dogs are staying with relatives.

Share this article: