Multiple tenants displaced in Brownsville apartment fire Sunday morning

BROWNSVILLE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office announced Sunday, Nov. 28, that an apartment fire on Main Street in the Village Of Brownsville has displaced multiple tenants.

Authorities announced that shortly after 7:30 a.m. Sunday, smoke and flames were seen in the apartment and the entire building was evacuated. 

Reports show responding fire crews from the Brownsville Fire Company quickly extinguished the fire in 10 minutes and limited the blaze to the apartment bedroom where it started. 

However, officials report that there was smoke and water damage to at least two of the apartments, which has displaced the occupants.

The Dodge County Sheriff’s Office says that one occupant was evaluated by EMS for possible smoke inhalation, but was not transported to an area hospital.

 A child occupant also reportedly received a very minor burn, which did not require first aid.

The Brownsville Fire Company says that the cause of the fire was determined to be a 7-year-old child playing with and lighting fireworks while alone in the bedroom.

Officials add that three cats were also rescued from the building.

The Red Cross was reportedly contacted by the fire department to assist any tenants displaced by the fire.

Authorities say that eight people, including 3 children, occupy the four-unit building. 




Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?