Multiple schools cancel in-person classes due to power outages, including 14 MPS schools
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Fourteen Milwaukee Public Schools have canceled in-person learning on Thursday, Dec. 16 due to power outages.
The following MPS students and staff will work remotely:
- Albert E. Kagel School
- Escuela Vieau
- Lloyd Barbee Montessori School
- James Fenimore Cooper School
- Ralph Waldo Emerson School
- Humboldt Park School
- Milwaukee Parkside School for the Arts
- Frances Starms Discovery Learning Center
- Starms Early Childhood Center
- Oliver Wendell Holmes School
- Dr. George W. Carver Academy of Mathematics and Science
- James E. Groppi High School
- Brown Street Academy
- Grant Gordon Learning Center
The district is encouraging students and staff who do not have power at home to go to a Milwaukee Public Library for virtual learning.
Three Racine Unified School District schools will also be closed and students and staff will work remotely.
Other schools are also closed, including Salem Lutheran School, University School of Milwaukee and Pilgrim Park Middle School in Elm Grove.
Donges Bay Elementary School is currently operating on a two-hour delay, and morning 4K is canceled for the day.