Milwaukee veteran-athletes take home 36 medals at Wheelchair Games
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Fourteen wheelchair veterans who get care at the Milwaukee VA Medical Center won a total 36 medals at the 38th National Veterans Wheelchair Games in Orlando, July 30 to Aug. 4.
They joined 611 veteran from across the nation, Great Britain and Puerto Rico, who competed in events such as track and field, quad rugby, wheelchair basketball, bowling, boccia and more.
The following is a list of the veterans, events they participated in, and medals:
• Noah Currier Rugby (bronze medal); 9-ball (silver); tennis (silver); slalom and weightlifting
• Terrence Green Weightlifting (Gold); boccia (bronze); 10K cycling (gold); discus (gold)
• Harold Hack basketball, slalom, 9ball, track 100/200-relay (scratched all due to medical issues)
• Chris Hull Rugby (gold), 100-meter track (silver); 200-meter track (silver); javelin (gold); shotput (bronze); discus (silver); quad weight lifting (gold); and slalom
• Mike Larson Bowling; handleball (gold); boccia; club (bronze); discus (silver); and air rifle
• Mic Lexa Cycling; basketball; javelin (gold); shotput (gold); discus (gold); slalom (silver).
• Ken Matthews Bowling stick (silver); boccia; table tennis (silver); and slalom (gold)
• Peter Mittelstaedt Power soccer; air rifle; golf and boccia
• Dan Rose Javelin; shotput; discus; bowling; table tennis; slalom; and weight lifting (gold)
• Phil Rosenberg Power soccer (bronze0; trap shooting (gold0; table tennis (bronze); club (bronze); discus (silver); bowling-manual (gold)
• Mike Thomas Basketball; slalom; and 9-ball
• Derrick Trentin 10K cycling (silver); basketball (silver); softball; javelin; shotput (silver); discus (gold); and trap shooting
• Ricky Wicklund 10K cycling (gold); power soccer; motorized slalom; and boccia (silver)
• Henry Zarcone Bowling-manual and boccia
Congratulations to all!