Milwaukee Post Office hiring City Carrier Assistant positions
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee Post Office is looking to hire City Carrier Assistants (CCA) to help sort and deliver mail.
The Post Office says no experience is required and that training is provided. Applications will be accepted online only from November 6 through November 11.
The salary for the position is $16.41 an hour. Duties and requirements for this position include:
- Sorting, delivering, collecting mail on foot and/or by vehicle under a variety of weather conditions
- Maintaining a professional appearance and providing a positive customer service experience
- Carrying up to 35 pounds in a shoulder satchel with occasional lifting up to 70 pounds
- Must be flexible and willing to work Saturdays and Sundays
- Must be 18 years of age and not enrolled in high school
- Must pass criminal background check
- Must pass drug screening
- Must have valid driver’s license (2 years continuous)
- Must have good driving record
- Must be U.S. Citizen or have permanent resident alien status
CCAs are part of a supplemental workforce that holds temporary appointments for periods not-to-exceed 360 days. Reemployment after a 5-day break in service is possible.
Those interested in the positions can apply by logging onto www.usps.com/employment.