Milwaukee DPW hosting sale for compost bins not available in stores
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The City of Milwaukee Department of Public Works will host its 10th annual backyard compost bin sale featuring a Home Composter, a compost bin that is not available in stores.
You must preorder bins and barrels by March 12. Pickup is May 8.
According to a news release from the Milwaukee DPW, the Home Composter -- recommended by expert composters -- is easy to assemble, long-lasting, made from 100% recycled materials. Each purchase comes with a Backyard Composting book. Home Composter compost bins and Kitchen Katcher stainless steel compost pails will be available for $55 and $20 respectively (including tax).
CLICK HERE to pre-order your compost bins and kitchen pails.
- Pick up purchased items on Saturday, May 8 from 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful, 1313 W Mt Vernon Ave, Milwaukee, 53233 (enter parking lot off of Emmber Lane).
- DPW will assist residents with scheduling a curbside pick up appointment to allow for social distancing. After the pre-sale closes on March 12, residents will receive an email with instructions for selecting a timeslot on May 8.
- If you cannot attend pick up on May 8, you must arrange for another person to pick up on your behalf.
- No day-of sales will be made at Keep Greater Milwaukee Beautiful on May 8 – pre-orders by March 12 only will be honored
- This sale is not restricted to City of Milwaukee residents
Rain barrels will not available during this year’s sale, but you can still purchase a rain barrel by visiting the Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District (MMSD) Headquarters lobby Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Find more information here.
New to composting, CLICK HERE for helpful information.