Milwaukee County Sheriff Office reminding public to share road with motorcycles over Labor Day weekend
MILWAUKEE COUNTY (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office is reminding the public to drive safely and share the road responsibly with motorcyclists.
The Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office is anticipating a high-volume of traffic over the holiday weekend, including motorcycle traffic.
The Sheriff's Office wants to remind everyone that motorcycles have equal access to the roads and highways.
The Sheriff's Office issued the following reminders for safely sharing the roads:
- Always check your blind spots
- Be extra cautious when passing
- Remember motorcycles react more quickly than cars
- Pay attention to weather warnings
- Be extra alert during night driving
- Stay in your lane
- Inform motorcyclists of your intention to turn (always signal)
- Intersections are danger zones
- Watch for turning motorcycles
- Take a second look at left-turns