Milwaukee County 2020 Traveling Beer Garden postponed over pandemic; first leg of tour canceled 🍻
Updated: 11:20 a.m. on May 8, 2020
MILWAUKEE COUNTY (CBS 58) -- The much-anticipated 2020 Traveling Beer Garden has been postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic.
According to a tweet from Milwaukee County Parks, the first leg of the tour -- planned for Juneau and Wisconsin Ave -- have been canceled.
Milwaukee County Parks says the next legs of the tour are scheduled to begin June 3.
Published: 3:48 p.m. on Feb. 19, 2020
MILWAUKEE COUNTY (CBS 58) -- The 2020 Traveling Beer Garden schedule been released, making us all thirsty for summertime.
Milwaukee County Parks announced the schedule Wednesday, Feb. 18 at Sprecher Brewery.
Two traveling gardens called "Roll Out the Barrel" and "Pass Me a Pint" will make a total of ten stops at parks between May 13 and Sept. 7, staying at each park for three weeks.
They'll serve Sprecher beer and root beer.
"We couldn't be happier with this great partnership that we have. The continued support that we have from everybody. This great community, and again it's very easy to support. All you have to do is go out and grab a beer and everything pours back," said Jim Kanter, Sprecher Brewery.
Over the past five years, the Traveling Beer Gardens have generated over $2.5 million in revenue, profits go back into the Milwaukee County Parks System.
Roll Out the Barrel Tour Schedule
- Juneau Park, Milwaukee: May 13 - 31
- Doctors Park, Fox Point: June 3 - 21
- Grant Park, South Milwaukee: June 24 – July 12
- Lake Park, Milwaukee: July 15 – August 3
- Greenfield Park, West Allis: August 5 - 23
Pass Me a Pint Tour Schedule
- Wisconsin Avenue Park, Wauwatosa: May 20 - June 7
- Froemming Park, Franklin: June 10 - 28
- Kletzsch Park, Glendale: July 1 -19
- McCarty Park, West Allis: July 22 - August 9
- Juneau Park, Milwaukee: August 12 - September 7
The Traveling Beer Gardens open from 5pm-10pm weekdays and 11am-10pm on weekends. Last call at 9pm. Live music on Friday and Saturday nights.