Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Medical examiner: 61-year-old dies from possible hypothermia in home near 8th and Manitoba

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- The Milwaukee County Medical Examiner's Office is investigating a possible cold weather death of a 61-year-old man near 8th and Manitoba. 

Authorities said the man died possibly from carbon monoxide and or hypothermia. 

The ME's office said the man was lighting fires in various containers in his home to stay warm after the electricity was turned off. 

An autopsy has been scheduled for Dec. 19. 

We Energies released the following statement on the man's death: 

"We are saddened by the news of this man’s death and send our condolences to his family and friends.
Our records indicate power was being supplied to the customer’s home however there may have been an issue with customer owned equipment inside the home."

Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close

0 Comments

Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?