MATC offering free tax help at downtown Milwaukee and Oak Creek campuses
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – MATC is offering help when it comes to filing tax returns.
Taxpayers with a family income of $54,000 or less are eligible for the free help.
It’s being offered on both their downtown Milwaukee and Oak Creek campuses.
In downtown, help is available 6-9 p.m. Tuesdays starting February 6 and running until April 17. Registration begins one hour before start time. Go to the Information Desk on the first floor of the Student Center, 700 W. State St., to register.
The Oak Creek campus is available 8:30 a.m. to noon on Saturdays starting February 3 and running until April 14. Registration begins one hour before start time. Go to Room A120 in the A Building, 6665 S. Howell Ave.
Attendees should bring the following:
- A copy of last year’s federal and state tax returns
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents; An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted if you do not have a Social Security number.
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, 1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (1099 Forms)
- Health Insurance Exemption Certificate, if received
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers (such as a blank check) for direct deposit
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider's tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statement, if applicable
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Copy of 2017 property tax bill or rent certificate signed by your landlord
Taxpayers filing a joint return must both be present when the returns are prepared because both spouses must sign a joint tax return.