Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Lightning strike causes house fire in Fond du Lac

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Lightning struck a house causing a fire on Friday evening.

It happened around 5:28 p.m. in the 700 block of Country Club Lane.

Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue crews responded after residents reported that lightning struck their home and that they could smell smoke.

On arrival, firefighters noticed damage to the roof and the inside of the garage.

Firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the smoke and fire that was in the attic.

The strike also caused severe damages to the electrical wiring throughout the home.

No injuries were reported.


Share this article:
Save with