Job fair for Milwaukee Streetcar Positions set for May 2
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Interested in a Milwaukee Streetcar position? Now is your chance. A job fair will be held Wednesday, May 2 at the Maintenance Facility.
The operator of The Hop, presented by Potawatomi Hotel & Casino, is holding a jobs fair and open house from noon to 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 2, to fill more than 20 new positions, including 14 streetcar operator jobs.
The jobs fair and open house will take place at the streetcar operations and maintenance facility. Attendees should use the entrance on N. 5th Street (450 N. 5th St.).
Transdev, the firm that will operate The Hop system, will discuss the positions with applicants and conduct initial interviews at the open house. Applicants must bring copies of their resumes. Business or business casual attire is suggested.
Due to limited space in the facility, only four people will be allowed inside at a time, so applicants are encouraged to dress for the weather if necessary. If time runs out for initial interviews, remaining applicants will be called back the following week.
Those interested in streetcar jobs may also apply by clicking here and here.
Transdev will also discuss positions and take applications from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Thursday, May 3, at the Milwaukee Career Expo at the Wisconsin State Fair Park. Information on registering for the expo and other details can be found here.
- Current open positions and desired backgrounds are:
- Streetcar Operators (14) – transit or commercial driving experience preferred but not required.
- Streetcar Supervisors (4) – 2 years supervisory experience preferred in transportation or similar field.
- Safety Trainer/Supervisor (1) – 1-2 years of training experience in safety or similar field or role.
- Administrative Generalist – 2 years prior experience in a human resource department environment with experience in payroll systems.
- Facility Maintenance Technician (2) – 2-3 years prior facility maintenance experience preferred especially in areas of electrical systems.
- Brookville Vehicle Maintenance Technician - high school diploma or associate degree in electrical field preferred. Technical training and streetcar or mass transit vehicle experience preferred.
Salaries for the positions generally range from $40,000 to $65,000. Transdev is expected to employ about 30 people for The Hop operations.