It's National Daiquiri Day; Learn how to make the perfect drink with a mixologist from Great Lakes Distillery
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- If you're looking for a little something to take the edge off this Monday, there's an excuse to break the 5 o'clock rule.
July 19 is National Daiquiri Day!
Great Lakes Distillery chief mixologist, Brendan Cleary, joined CBS 58 with tips to make the perfect strawberry daiquiri.
Watch as he gets down to booze-ness in the studio.
Here's Great Lakes Distillery's daiquiri recipe if you want to make one for yourself.
- 4 ounces of Great Lakes Distillery’s Roaring Dan’s Rum
- 2 ounces of Great Lakes Distillery’s Goodland Orange Liqueur
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- 3 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 cup of frozen unsweetened strawberries
- 1 cup of ice
- 6 fresh strawberries
Add all ingredients except the powdered sugar into a blender. Start blending on low and gradually adjust to high. Once the drink has reached the ideal consistency, add the sugar and blend it for five more seconds. Then pour and serve the tasty cocktail.