Home suffers extensive damage after a mattress catches fire in basement

NOW: Home suffers extensive damage after a mattress catches fire in basement

NEXT:

ROCHESTER, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine County Sheriff's Office is investigating a basement fire that happened in the Village of Rochester on Saturday, Oct. 2.

Officials say they received a 911 call that a mattress was on fire in the basement of a home in the 500 block of Abbey Lane. 

Upon deputy's arrival, the basement of the residence was fully engulfed, and the fire was spreading from the basement to the upstairs.

The home sustained extensive damage due to the fire.

Three individuals were in the home at the time of the fire and no injuries were reported.

Multiple fire departments responded to the scene.


Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?