Hazmat responds to chemical leak at Blue Harbor Resort in Sheboygan

SHEBOYGAN, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Sheboygan Fire Department was dispatched to Blue Harbor Resort for a Hazardous Materials (HazMat) leak Monday around 12 p.m. 

An employee of the resort said when he opened the door to the pool filtration room and was overcome with fumes, so he immediately shut the door and called the fire department. 

A hazmat team entered the filtration room in fully encapsulated suits and found two hoses that were disconnected from the filtration system. 

Emergency crews determined that the spill was contained to the pool filtration room.

According to the Sheboygan Fire Department, the disconnected hoses caused the chemicals to mix together on the ground, causing a noxious odor and fumes. They say a minimal amount of chemicals were released from the injection system.

The hazmat team turned off the pumps and valves for the chemicals and the fire department washed down the area and diluted chemicals with water to make the area safe.

There were no other problems found and there were no injuries because of the incident. 


Share this article:
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?