Hartford Fire urges extra caution after responding to fire caused by candle, wreath

HARTFORD, Wis. (CBS 58) – The Hartford Fire Department is urging people to be extra cautious this holiday season after responding to a fire caused by a candle and wreath.

On Wednesday, December 9, the department responded to an apartment complex near Riverbend Drive and Wilson Avenue around 1:30 a.m.

The fire department says a fire alarm went off in the one of the apartment’s and the person inside was able to put the fire out on their own.

Fire crews determined the fire was started by a candle that was too close to a wreath being used as a table centerpiece.

No one was hurt, but the fire department says it could’ve been a catastrophic event.

They are encouraging everyone to practice fire safety and make sure they have working smoke detectors.

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?