Four people displaced following house fire near 85th and Congress

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Four people are displaced following a fire on Milwaukee's north side.

Crews were called out to 85th and Congress around 4 a.m. for a report of fire in a multi-family building.

The fire was reported in one of the four units.

According to the Milwaukee Fire Department, an unattended kitchen stove caught fire.

The fire was quickly extinguished but caused $8,000 in damages to the building and $20,000 to the units' contents.

The building had working smoke detectors.

Nobody was injured.

Share this article: