Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Fire started by cigarette caused $7.5K in damage to Janesville home, fire officials say

JANESVILLE, Wis. (WISC) -- A fire burned the porch and exterior wall of a Janesville home Tuesday, causing $7,500 in damage, according to a release from the Janesville Fire Department.

The Janesville Fire Department responded to a report of a fire on the back porch of a home near McKinley St. and S. Locust St., according to the release.

When officials arrived on the scene, they found the back porch and exterior wall of the residence had been partially extinguished by the occupants, but remained smoldering and actively burning in some areas, officials said.

No one was injured or displaced by the fire, according to the release. Officials believe the fire was started by a discarded cigarette, according to the release.

Share this article: