Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Fire Displaces Five in Racine, Likely Caused by Lightning

A family of five is displaced Saturday evening after a structure fire caused $10,000 in damage to their home at 2225 Shoop Street in Racine.

The family was inside their home when they heard a loud boom and within minutes they noticed smoke from their home and exited the house immediately. The family called 911 and it was discovered there was a fire in their attic.

According to the City of Racine Fire Department, the probable cause of this fire is lightning.

CBS 58 has a crew on the way to the scene and will update this story as new information comes to us.

Share this article: