Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Family safely escapes electrical fire in Fond du Lac home

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (CBS 58) -- On January 8, 2018, at 6:52 p.m. Fond du Lac Fire/Rescue responded to the 300 block of Ledgeview Avenue for a reported attic fire.

Upon arrival fire crews found smoke and fire in the walls and attic of the residence.

Fire crews were able to extinguish the fire to prevent further damage.

FDL Police provided traffic control and scene security.

Alliant Energy was on scene to secure electric and gas utilities.

The cause of the fire is believed to be electrical in nature.

The family was able to get out of the structure safely and no other injuries were reported.

Share this article:
Save with