Drive-in movie experience opening at Majestic Cinema of Brookfield
BROOKFIELD, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Just in time for summer, the Majestic Cinema of Brookfield will officially open Friday, May 29, with a double feature from its parking lot -- and continue seven days per week during the 2020 summer movie-going season.
According to a news release, the experience is comparable to the nostalgic drive-in, but on a smaller scale. The location is 770 N. Springdale Road.
A parking lot cinema is opening tonight at the Marcus Majestic theater in Brookfield. Around 100 cars can fit and tickets must be bought online in advance. Guests will be asked to social distance @CBS58pic.twitter.com/HZStOnjIef— Emily Thornton (@EmilyThorntonTV) May 29, 2020
A 42-foot screen is attached to the outside of the Majestic Cinema of Brookfield building, guests will tune into a radio frequency to access the sound, and lights will be turned down to create a moviegoing atmosphere in the lot. In addition, concessions/food and soda (no alcohol) are available for online ordering and pick-up at a designated area. There is space for approximately 100 cars, and, restrooms will be available for guests.
"The most important thing is just that we’re providing a great getaway and entertainment aspect for our consumers in a very, very difficult time period that is going to obviously be safe, in a great entertainment situation," said Rolando Rodriguez, chairman, president and CEO of Marcus Theatres.
A set of guidelines has been established for everyone’s safety – starting with ticket purchase, which is completely online.
“We are excited to welcome back guests to our theatre through our second Parking Lot Cinema concept,” Rodriguez said. “We know that our guests are looking forward to enjoying movies together again and this provides an option to do so. It also provides a comfortable way to ease into the process since viewing is from the privacy of their own vehicles. The first Parking Lot Cinema in Omaha, Nebraska received an amazing response this past weekend when it opened – so much so that we are already evaluating additional locations beyond it and the Majestic Cinema of Brookfield.”
- Movies change weekly on Fridays
- Friday, May 29 through Thursday, June 4: “E.T.” and “Jurassic Park”
- Order concessions, soda and food (pizza, burgers, apps, etc.) BEFORE arrival through the Marcus Theatres website or app
- Although advance ordering is encouraged, concessions and food can be purchased upon arrival as well – online, on the app or via phone by calling the theatre
- A handout with complete instructions will be provided upon entry to the lot
- Orders will be picked up by guests from a designated area
- Food service will end 30 minutes after the start of the second feature
OTHER HELPFUL INFO:
- Time – First films starts at sundown (approximately 8:45 p.m.)
- Cost – $25 per carload Monday through Thursday; $30 per carload Friday through Sunday
- Safety Precautions – Low-contact procedures, social distancing, frequent cleaning, sanitizing stations and welcoming face masks are all part of the approach
- Rules – Guidelines for enjoying the drive in have been established for everyone’s safety. Check them out HERE
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
To create less touchpoints between associates and guests, tickets must be purchased online – either through the Marcus Theatres app or website – and cash purchases will NOT be an option while on site. The first film starts around 8:45 p.m. (sundown), followed by a 15-minute intermission and then the second movie. Entry to the lot is permitted at 7:30 p.m.
Upon arrival, theatre associates will check in guests by viewing tickets, provide instructions for online concession orders and will direct vehicles to designated parking spots. People and vehicles will be asked to maintain proper social distancing. As with a traditional drive-in, vehicles are guests’ seats for the show.