Downtown Milwaukee's St. Patrick's Day Parade returns Saturday, March 14 ☘️
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- Milwaukee's 54th annual St. Patrick's Day Parade will return to downtown on Saturday, March 14.
Presented by Miller Lite, the parade route begins at Old World Third Street and Wisconsin Avenue, and ends at Water Street and Highland Avenue.
According to a news release, this year's parade will feature over 120 units including Irish dance groups, pipe and drum corp, local celebrities -- including Natalie Shepherd and Mike Curkov representing CBS 58 -- dignitaries and much more.
Ahead of the parade, Shamrock Club of Wisconsin and Westown Association will host week-long celebrations to get downtown Milwaukee in the Irish spirit beginning March 11.
The schedule is as follows:
- Lunchtime Entertainment: Wed., March 11 and Thurs., March 12 from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Avenue/Stone Creek Skywalk, 275 W Wisconsin Ave.
- March 11 – Acoustic performance by Frogwater
- March 12 – Acoustic performance by Michael Tinker Tierney
- Parade Press Conference & Entertainment: Fri., March 13 at noon at The Avenue/Plankinton Clover Apartments, 161 W Wisconsin Ave., Second Floor
- Noon – Performance from Cashel Academy of Irish Dance
- 12:15 p.m. – Press conference featuring local dignitaries
- 12:30 p.m. – 8th Annual Bash O’ Corned Beef eating contest sponsored by Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery. Registration is now open (application attached)!
- ShamROCK Kick Off Party: Fri., March 13 at 5:30 to 11 p.m. at Miller Time Pub, 509 W Wisconsin Ave.
- This FREE event will have live music, food & drinks specials and a variety of raffle prizes available. You won't want to miss out on the fun!
- 5:30 p.m. – Performance by Frogwater
- 7:30 p.m. – Announcement of raffle winners. Tickets will be sold during the event. See the list of raffle prizes here; more items are added daily.
- 8 p.m. – Performance by Pat McCurdy
- 35th Annual Mass in Honor of St. Patrick: Sat., March 14 at 8:30 a.m. at St. Patrick’s Church, 723 W Washington St. (flyer attached)
- 54th Annual Shamrock Club of Wisconsin St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Sat., March 14 at noon
- Celebrate along the parade route at the bars and restaurants on Old World Third Street and Water Street (map of route attached).
- Shamrock Club Post-Parade Party: Sat., March 14 from 1 to 6 p.m. at the Irish Cultural & Heritage Center, 2133 W Wisconsin Ave.
- The fun doesn’t stop after the parade! Celebrate 60 years of the Shamrock Club of Wisconsin with Irish entertainment for the entire family (full lineup attached). It’s the most Irish thing you can do!
- Adults (over 12): $8.00; Family (3 or more adults): $20
The streets included in the 1.25 mile parade route will close at noon on March 13 which may create traffic delays. Spectators are encouraged to park at The Avenue for $3.00 the day of the parade (entrances at 615 N Plankinton Ave. and 615 N 2nd Street). Additional options can be found at parkmilwaukee.com, downtown Milwaukee’s parking resource. Please also consider using ride share services or public transit such as The Hop and MCTS to travel safely and responsibly.