Crystal ball ignites fire at home in Wisconsin Dells, officials say

MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) -- A crystal ball is apparently to blame for a house fire in the Wisconsin Dells area. 

The Delton Fire Department says the fire caused roughly $250,000 worth of damage. 

Investigators say light reflected off a glass ball and ignited the fire on a nearby couch. 

Delton officials say the incident serves as a reminder to keep items like crystals and bottles away from direct sunlight, especially if flammable items are close. 

Thankfully, no one was hurt. 

Share this article:
 
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?
Close
Are you sure you want to delete this comment?