Construction on new roundabout in Hales Corners now underway
HALES CORNERS, Wis. (CBS 58) -- Construction closures are now in place along Janesville Rd. and Forest Home Ave. and are closed from WIS 100 heading east to where the roads meet for work on a new roundabout. During construction, two travel lanes in each direction will be provided on 108th Street. Left turn lanes will be provided at major intersections and access to businesses and residential areas will also be maintained.
The following improvements will also be implemented during the construction:
- Reconstruction of existing pavement, concrete curb and gutter, and storm sewer
- Box culvert south of Forest Home Avenue will be widened to the east
- New traffic signals will be added at Parnell Avenue, Abbott Avenue, and the I-43 NB exit ramp.
- Signals will be replaced, and sidewalk will be reconstructed and/or added.
- Colored stamped concrete within median to enhance aesthetics of the corridor.
Construction as a whole in the Hales Corners area is expected to wrap up by the Fall of 2018.
Be sure to follow @ABrovelli and watch the CBS 58 Morning News for the latest on your travels as well as updates on the construction projects throughout southeastern WI.