City of New Berlin plans to hold trick-or-treat on Halloween
NEW BERLIN, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The city of New Berlin is planning to have trick-or-treating for Halloween this year.
Everyone is asked to adhere to social distancing and to wrap candy to prevent exposure.
They also want homes participating to turn on their front lights, and those in condos or apartments to place a sign on the door indicating participation.
The city says trick-or-treaters and residents distributing candy are strongly encouraged to wear masks, and residents should not allow for the "help yourself" method of candy distribution.
Trick-or-treating will take place on Halloween this year and will run from 4-7 p.m.
Recommendations by Waukesha County Public Health include:
- Only share commercially-wrapped food.
- During Trick-or-Treat, wear plastic disposable gloves and place commercially-wrapped candy into the child’s bucket
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces, to include doorbells following Trick-or-Treat
- Perform at-home self-assessments by taking temperatures and monitoring for symptoms prior to leaving your home
- Stay home if you are ill to stop infecting others
- Maintain social distancing of 6-feet away from others outside your family
- Wear a mask if you cannot physically distance
- Practice excellent hand hygiene
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Practice respiratory etiquette by coughing/sneezing into a tissue or your elbow
- Eliminate unnecessary physical contact
- Disinfect high-touch surfaces