Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Child Playing with Lighter Starts Fire in Upstairs Bedroom in Racine

Racine Fire Department was able to stop a small fire in an upstairs bedroom before it spread in the 1700 block of Kentucky Street.

Crews arrived to find a small fire in an upstairs bedroom already extinguished.

The occupant heard a smoke alarm sounding and quickly used a fire extinguisher to put out the fire in his child’s bedroom.

A child on scene admitted to using a lighter which caused this fire. no one was injured as a result of this fire.

After the investigation the occupants were allowed to return to the home.

Share this article: