Cat recovering after swallowing needle and thread

NOW: Cat recovering after swallowing needle and thread

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- A stray cat is recovering after it swallowed a sewing needle. 

The Wisconsin Humane Society says a good Samaritan brought 4-year-old Liza in for help. 

She was underweight, dehydrated, and wouldn't eat. After the veterinarian examined the cat, they found an entire sewing needle and thread were lodged in Liza's throat. The Humane Society is issuing a warning to pet owners. 

"Everyone who knows a cat knows a cat would like something dangly and occasionally string can get wrapped around their tongue and they can easily swallow it," said Nina Fleming with the Wisconsin Humane Society Racine Campus.

Liza underwent surgery to remove the needle and thread and after several weeks of treatment she has recovered.

Liza's now in need of a home and is available for adoption. 

If you're interested in adopting Liza, please click here. 

Share this article: