Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Careless use of smoking materials causes fire in Racine

RACINE, Wis. (CBS 58) -- The Racine Fire Department was called to a house fire in the 3300 block of Victory Avenue on Tuesday afternoon.

It happened shortly after noon.

According to police, smoke could be seen coming from the 2nd floor windows of a vacant single family home.

The building owner was on scene and had extinguished most of the fire when the Fire Department arrived.

Fire damage was limited to the area beneath the window and caused roughly $250 in damages.

No injuries were reported.

The fire was caused by careless use or discarding of smoking materials. 

Share this article: