Tip Line: 414-777-5808 | newsdesk@cbs58.com

Careless use of smoking materials causes fire in Fond du Lac

Credit: FDL Fire/Rescue

FOND DU LAC, Wis. (CBS 58) – Fond du Lac Fire and Rescue says careless use of smoking materials caused a fire early Monday morning.

Crews responded to the area near 5th and Marr around 5:52 a.m. for a report of a mattress on fire. Authorities were able to quickly put out the fire and all residents safely evacuated the building.

Crews say there weren't working smoke detectors in the building.

Share this article:
Save with