Candle causes overnight duplex fire in Racine

RACINE-- Firefighters responded to a fire on Carlisle Ave in Racine overnight.

The fire broke out around 1:30 a.m. in the upper level of the duplex home.

Fire crews found a mattress on fire in the bedroom balcony window.

The tenant admitted to accidentally knocking a candle under the bed and unsuccessfully trying to extinguish and remove the mattress before alerting authorities.

The Fire Department wants to remind all citizens to immediately call 911 in an emergency before taking additional actions.

No one was injured in this fire.

It caused an estimated $25,000 worth of damage.


Share this article: