Brewers release details for opening weekend series against Cardinals
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – The Milwaukee Brewers will open the 2019 season against the St. Louis Cardinals on Thursday, March 28, marking the seventh time in the past eight years that the team will start the season at Miller Park.
- Ticket Availability: A very limited number of tickets have been released that were previously on hold. They are available to the public on a first-come, first-served basis at brewers.com.
- Parking Lots: Gates to the parking lots will open at 10:10 a.m.
- Gates: Miller Park gates will open at 11:10 a.m. CT.
- National Anthem: Dan and Mike Attanasio, sons of Mark and Debbie Attanasio, will sing the national anthem. They will carry on the tradition started by their grandfather, Joe Attanasio, who traditionally sang the anthem on Opening Day from the time that the Attanasio family purchased the team.
- Giveaway: Fans in attendance will receive a 2019 magnetic schedule, presented by Palermo’s Frozen Pizza.
- First Pitch: Jhoulys Chacín is set to throw the first pitch of the Brewers’ 2019 season at 1:10 p.m. CT
The rest of opening weekend at Miller Park will be highlighted by a Friday night game on March 29 at 7:10 p.m. and Cabin Fever theme night on Saturday, March 30 at 6:10 p.m. where Brewers fans who purchase a special ticket package with get a Brewers flannel shirt. On Sunday, March 31 fans will get a Jesús Aguilar Bobblehead. It is also the Autism Awareness Day Community Night where fans can join in by purchasing a special ticket package, which includes a seat for the Crew’s contest against the Cardinals, a Brewers Autism Awareness car decal and a $3 donation made to Autism Speaks. The game starts at 1:10 p.m.