Auto Thefts Increased in the Triple Digits, According to Donovan
Posted: Nov 4, 2015 2:07 PM CDT
Milwaukee Alderman Bob Donovan released a statement that auto thefts across the city increased in the triple digits in seven out of the city's 15 aldermanic districts.
According to city COMPASS and MPD statistics comparing the period of January 1 to July 31, 2010 to January 1 to July 31, 2015, seven out of the city’s 15 aldermanic districts have seen triple digit increases in auto thefts:
· 5th District (northwest side) – 223%
· 9th District (northwest side) – 106%
· 11th District (southwest side) – 214%
· 12th District (near south side) – 156%
· 13th District (south side) – 117%
· 14th District (Bay View) – 133%
· 3rd District (east side) – 63%
· 8th District (near south side) – 251%
"I place the blame once again on the MPD’s no pursuit policy, which emboldens the thieves to run amok. I also blame the shortage of MPD officers, who are stretched to their limits and too often start their shifts with a backlog of calls to look into," Donovan said.
Post a comment
Be the first to leave a comment!