7th Annual Milwaukee Museum Mile Day planned for May 13
MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) – Check out several Milwaukee museums for free or at a reduced cost this Mother’s Day.
May 13 is Milwaukee’s “Museum Mile Day.” The event lasts from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
The museums participating in 2018 include:
- Jewish Museum Milwaukee, 1360 N. Prospect Avenue (414-390-5730) – Free Admission
- Charles Allis Art Museum, 1801 N. Prospect Avenue (414-278-8295) – Free Admission
- Museum of Wisconsin Art at Saint John’s On The Lake, 1800 N. Prospect Avenue (414-831-6875) – Free
- Villa Terrace Decorative Arts Museum, 2220 N. Terrace Avenue (414-271-3656) – Free Admission
- North Point Lighthouse, 2650 N. Wahl Avenue (414-332-6754) – Reduced admission: Ages 12+ $5, under 12 and seniors 65+ w/ID free
There will be free kids activities and a free shuttle between locations.
Participants are welcome to park at museum locations where parking is available or utilize street parking. Due to construction, parking is unavailable at Saint John’s On The Lake this year. Parking is available in the county parking lot in Lake Park at Newberry and Lake Drive, one block North of the North Point Lighthouse, and along Wahl Avenue in front of the lighthouse.
Walking and bicycling to the event are also encouraged.
More information about the Milwaukee Museum Mile is available at www.milwaukeemuseummile.org.