1 dead, another hurt after being electrocuted at meat market in Sheboygan
SHEBOYGAN COUNTY, Wis. (CBS 58) -- One person is dead and another is hurt after being electrocuted at meat market in Sheboygan on Thursday, Jan. 21.
Just after 12:30 p.m., Sheboygan County Emergency Communications Center received a 911 call from Miesfelds Market, located on Venture Drive, for a report of someone who may have been electrocuted.
Upon arrival, first responders and E.M.S. discovered there were two victims of electrocution that were working in an area under construction.
Both were transported by ambulance to the Aurora Sheboygan Memorial Medical Center. One of the victims was later pronounced deceased at the hospital.
Authorities say the two victims were not employees of Miesfelds Market but were from a contractor working on the facility.
The incident is still under investigation.
The following agencies assisted in this incident: The Sheboygan County Sheriff's Office, the Kohler Police Department, the Town of Sheboygan Fire Department and First Responders, and Orange Cross Ambulance.